After reading about staying at Shizuki, go to “Map” for checking the location of Shizuki.
- Shizuki is for the exclusive use of ladies, couples and small families (we do not cater to single men or male groups).
- Children must be over 10 years old (no child rates available).
- All rooms are non-smoking. There is NOT a smoking area available inside and outside of facility.
- Shizuki is a compact traditional Japanese style guest house, approximately 130 years old, with three guest rooms.
- The location is in the “Nishijin” area, the centre of Kyoto’s textile industry (see “Map” for the location).
- The room rate includes the service charge and tax.
- Traditional Japanese breakfast is served on request. The first meal is a welcome meal for 700 yen. If you are staying more than one night and would like to continue ordering breakfast, it can be ordered for 900 yen per person. If you wish to order breakfast, please order by the DAY BEFORE your check-in day.
- Check-in: from 4 pm to 10 pm Check-out: 10 am
Facilities and Supplies
- Supplies provided: Yukata (Japanese pajamas), bath towel, face towel, shampoo, conditioner, body shampoo, hair dryer, English, Japanese and herbal teas.
- Additional supplies: A set of toothbrush and toothpaste 100 yen.
- Drinking and reading spaces are available as shared spaces.
- Shizuki does not have television available in the rooms or reception area.
- WiFi service is available to connect to the Internet (Please be aware that access difficulties may be experienced with some devices and in some areas).
- There are no kitchen facilities for guests.
- Smoking or use of any kind of naked flame is strictly forbidden on the Shizuki premises.
- We accept cash payments only (no credit cards).
- Shizuki is located in a quiet residential area. We ask that you come back from any outings before 11 pm, finish using the bath/shower, hair dryer or other noisy activities before 11:30 pm and the hall lights will be turned off at 12 midnight.
- The Shizuki rooms are small and cozy, and it may be uncomfortable if you have large amounts of luggage. Please travel light.